Sunday, January 22, 2012

Bite me!

There I was, deep in the hostile territory , dressed in my striking blue uniform, with shiny badges that shone under the morning sun. My bright blue tie only helped advertise my presence, only a pure dimwit would miss me. I stood out like a sore thumb. Little did I know that it wasn't my thumb that was going to be more than just sore. I felt like a veteran, trained and hardened by the best of the best, eyes peered down into a line so thin down to a line that I'd put Chinese from China to shame.

I was on a mission.

It was like playing hardcore hide-and-seek, only I was looking for prey , only the stakes are much much higher, where emotions tense up so badly you'd do some crazy things if you lost, some very crazy, unorthodox things. Sweeping across the area, I met gazes with the people, trying to spot the guilty amongst the innocent is harder than it looks. It was like trying to spot an ant amongst grass, long, brown reddish grass that drifted along with the wind. But sometimes those ants grow so big, it'd be impossible to miss, even if you wanted to.

And there! I spotted it, the panic in it's eyes made it stick out so badly, I had to put it down! It was my job, one I have been trained and trusted to do. I tried to ask nicely at first, but it started to rebel, battering me with endless questions. And so, I was forced to resolve the problem by force, wrangling and strangling with it, using my superior power and height to grab the goods. But then, in it's last ditch of desperation, it resolved to it's last and most secretive attacks, one so potent and poisonous that I nearly lost my wits.

It bit me, hard.
Strangely enough, I'd like to thank you for that.

It's not as bad as one would think really, I mean initially yea, I had to visit the medical quarters to have my wound properly sterilized and was given a jab on the shoulder to fend off the deadly poison in it's bite. But everything went uphill from there. I received unless praise from my commanding officers, telling me that I did a good job and that I had done what's right. I felt that nudge or warmness inside, that I didn't give in to corruption and took the easy way out, where my fingers would remain intact and I wouldn't have to go to all the trouble.

But what really made this incident worth all it's fuss, is strangely not the praise, nor the recognition that I got from my superiors.

It's the laughter.
Pure and unfiltered laughter.

Anyone that was human who heard about my little incident would give a positive response. It ranged from slight giggles to bellowing screams of joy and excitement. For the past week, everyone who heard about the incident laughed, absolutely everyone! It brings me a deep sense of fulfillment to know that I brightened up someone's day, even if it was a little chuckle. In a world where people are brought down by the smallest things everyday, I'm glad that I made that handful laugh, heartily, even it lasted for that one second.

If 100 people laughed for every finger of mine that was bitten, i'd give them my other nine :D
That way, I don't have to do any homework, and people would serve me like I'm a cripple.













No comments: