Friday, December 2, 2011

Boys on her fingers ( Part 2 )

Facing the dilemma ahead of me, I was granted a very difficult choice, as to whether I should listen to my heart or let my logic get the better of me. " Go ahead, she's been so nice to you, when will you ever find another girl like that??!" bickered my emotions. " Wait, wait, wait! Look at what's happening! Can't you see? She's too good to be true!" reasoned my mind. I was interlocked in an internal commotion with myself, fussing over this situation and throwing my choices back and forth.

"I'll wait and see" said myself, firmly.

And so I did. I waited and watched. As I did so, I could've sworn I heard my heart yelling back at my logic's reasoning " See! I told you there's nothing wrong, now you've made us waste so much time! " And yet, there was still this nagging doubt that seemed to slither in my conscious. There was a certain uncertainty that I had to clear in my head, and I couldn't do this alone. I needed resources, I needed information,


I needed to do my research.


So I set out, being as incospicuous as possible, I brought her up in topics of conversations with other people in class. Casually, I joked about other girls as well to make it sound as if I wasn't the least bit interested in her. Though nothing was apparent at first, there seemed to be a definite air of undoing about her. Conversations seemed to stutter at the mention of her name, like there was something..... unrelenting about her. Something that others knew, but took it at heart no to speak about it.

Gradually, others seemed to have caught wind about my feelings for her and teased me about it. I put on my best poker face and shrugged the topic aside whenever it came up. I had only let the intention of my true feelings be known to a handful of people, how could it have spread so fast?! I guess there are things faster than the speed of light, like how rumors and gossip spreads across the plains of our school grounds.

Of course, a chance had to come up. My friends were teasing and pushing me to do something nice for her, saying that if I really liked her, I'd be thoughtful about it. Being the submissive sucker that I am, I conjured up a plan, oh yes, a master plan! Something that'll make her so happy and glad, that she'd feel guilty not to shower me with her affection! It was all rough and sketchy at first, but soon, the ideas materialized and off I went!











No comments: