Monday, December 19, 2011

Homecoming.

It feels great to be home. The familiar sights, sounds and smells all fill me with a great sense of comfort and security. A sense of security that has been missing in me for the last 2 weeks. As I hurriedly unpack 11 days worth of dirty laundry, my droopy eyes long for a good nap, it feels like years since I've had one. I piled the dirty clothes high, just enough to keep the basket from toppling over. The smell of sweat against clothe wreaks the inside of my nose.

With an armful of toiletries, I climbed the flight of stairs towards my bathroom. It easily felt like I was climbing Batu Caves herself. My Calf and Hamstrings screamed bloody murder as I inched painfully slowly towards the bathroom. Turning on the heater, the rancid smell of gunk from my body reminds me once again to scrub extra hard once I step inside the shower.

For now, my fragile body requires rest, but I assure you, stories galore once my mind recovers!

No comments: