Sunday, February 19, 2012

Gold and glory.

Yeap, this is it. I've felt this before. My palms start sweating uncontrollably when I think about it, like a tap of running water. My heart starts racing, pumping hard and thudding against my chest, sending cold chills down my every part of my body. My breath shallows down into fast, rapid successions, taking in more breaths per minute than a race car driver. But this time, I'm prepared, prepared enough to reassure myself of the insecurities inside my over-thoughtful head.

Have you ever had to funnel all your hard work, blood, sweat and tears into a few mere minutes? A few mere minutes where you had the chance to make or break yourself, minutes where you could jeopardise everything or make it all worthwhile. It's a daunting feeling, you can't help but think about yourself messing up and the consequences that come with it. And yet, it's the fear that keeps us alive. It's not the absence of fear that makes us brave, but the strength to overcome it.

And so, hear I stand, with sweaty palms and shallow breaths, geared up and ready to go. This is it. No more talking, no more dreaming, no more losing. I'm going in this, for the glory, for the best of me, gold medal or not, I'm going to walk out of this winning. Winning in it's best way.     

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's the fear that keeps us alive. It's not the absence of fear that makes us brave, but the strength to overcome it.-Marcus Lee.
Yea,as usual your writings always have the power to influence the others